With the ever-evolving threat landscape, cybersecurity is something that can neither be taken lightly nor ignored. This statement holds true irrespective of the size of your business. Although from a marketing perspective, every type of publicity is a good publicity, you would definitely not want your company to come into the headlines for a data breach.
In order to level up your defence and enhance your organizational security, a good place is to start from the existing endpoints in your technical infrastructure.
According to this infographic by Barkly, 3 out of 4 organizations have reported more difficulty in managing risks related to endpoint devices.
On the similar lines, we have observed that majority of organizations struggle in dealing with endpoint security during our discussions and meetings. In order to ease the process and simplify it, here are a few questions that you must ask before implementing an endpoint security solution or availing the services of an EDR (endpoint detection and response) vendor –
1. Why do you need to invest in an endpoint security solution?
2. What are the inbuilt components in the concerned endpoint security solution?
An endpoint security solution can have components such as –
- Device control
- Prevention of data loss
- Host-based firewall
- IDS/IPS (Intrusion Detection System/Intrusion Prevention System)
- Vulnerability Assessment
3. Can the endpoint security solution be managed from a single management console or there are multiple management consoles for specific activities?
4. Whether the endpoint security solution will cover all devices irrespective of their Operating System?
An ideal endpoint security solution shall work effectively with devices supporting different operating systems such as Windows, Unix, Mac OS, etc. along with supporting various hand-held devices such as mobile phones and tablets.
5. Is there any inbuilt system in the endpoint security solution for incident response?
6. Is the endpoint security solution capable of working in a virtual environment?
7. What are the aspects related to scalability of endpoint security solution?
8. What will be the requirements of the implemented solution from the internal security team?
9. What are the personnel requirements for the endpoint security solution?
10. What are the integration capabilities of the endpoint security solution with third-party tools and services?
11. Is the endpoint security solution compliant with the existing laws, or it requires manual compliance?
Do you know how endpoint protection is being integrated by AI to achieve the greater levels of organizational security? Read this post to find out more.